Sharing my trip

So I've decided the best way to share my trip to Hong Kong with all my family and friends back home is to post it to this blog. Hope you all enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2008

2008 NBA Playoffs: Random 2nd Round Thoughts

The 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs is in full swing, and here's just a few thoughts as most of the series' hit their midway points.

Boston vs. Cleveland

Good God this series is ugly. So ugly. 76-72 Celtics in Game one? A Nuggets-Warriors game would have a score twice that. And it's not just good defense. The offenses of these two teams have just been bad. Cleveland won pretty big once they got back home to make it 2-1 Boston, but here's hoping for a LeBron James miracle, coming back from down 0-2 to win 4 straight and take the series, like he did against the Pistons last year. But overall, I never want to see a series like this ever again...except I'm gonna have to when Boston beats Cleveland and they play Detroit in the East Finals (Hurray! Here's to less than 80 points scoring per game! I can't wait!).

Detroit vs. Orlando

To be honest, I have yet to watch a single game of this series, not out of choice though, simply because I don't have cable (so I can only watch the games that are broadcast on ABC). But, from what I've read, Detroit's been pretty much pushing Orlando around, and Orlando's been taking it like a bitch. With the exception of Game 3 in Orlando when Rashard Lewis went off for 30 points, Orlando's been taking it the entire series. After a horrible fourth quarter collapse in Game 4, Detroit is up 3-1, and that means Orlando is done. Why? Because the only way they could come back from down 3-1 is if Lewis or Hedo Turkoglu transformed into LeBron James.

Los Angeles vs. Utah

I think I'm starting to become a Lakers fan. I just like the style they play: very up-tempo, lots of passing, lots of movement, basically basketball the way it was meant to be played. But sometimes I get so pissed off when Kobe gets the ball in the post and instead of posting up or driving to the basket, he just pulls up for a contested jump shot. Sometimes they go in and I'm like "wow, he should not have made that," but most of the time they miss and I'm like "God F@$#-ing damnit Kobe."

The Jazz just piss me off. Every single (and I mean every play), they commit a foul of some sort that goes uncalled. Whether it be a moving screen, raping a defender on a back-door screen, or pushing off on every rebound, they always seem to do something that makes me wonder if the refs really enjoy fair basketball or not. Admittedly, this isn't that bad (because every team makes moving screens/pushes off for rebounds), but the worst and most annoying habit of all the Jazz is that they whine like women. Every single time Carlos Boozer misses a shot, it's like he transforms into a weeping rape victim screaming for revenge. It's like "c'mon dude, man up and just play through the hits. God knows you commit twice as many uncalled fouls as those that go against you."

New Orleans vs San Antonio

I was thinking this series was going to be competitive, and some people might say it has been (since the series is tied 2-2), but in reality, these games have not been close. The Spurs were blown out twice in New Orleans, and then proceeded to blow out the Hornets back in San Antonio the next two games. Does home court advantage really mean that much? These are the same guys right? They don't magically switch with some hidden twin that secretly sucks at basketball when they go on the road, right? Cause it sure seems like it.

But anyway, back to studying for my last final (Intro to Partial Differential Equations = B- here I come!). I'll be finishing school soon, then it's two weeks of fun back home with my friends, then off to work at my internship, that I wrote about here. Till next time...

No comments: